The Center for Restored & Connected Families, our nonprofit affiliate currently offers a family-centered, routines-based Speech and Language Program for children from birth to 3 years who have been identified as requiring speech and language support. We are dedicated to providing quality therapeutic services to children with speech and language needs, and their families. Services will be provided in the families preferred environment. Preferred environment may be in the client’s home, in the community or in center. Our programs are designed to promote the development of a secure attachment relationship between caregiver and child and to offer the child opportunities to reach full potential. We are licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services.
Family Centered Methods:
- Relationship-based methods are designed to support the parent child relationship by building a working alliance between therapist and family. Parent-child relationship will be fostered using Theraplay®-informed practices, attending to important dimensions (structure, nurture, engagement, challenge) that support healthy attachment and joyful interactions.
- Routines based method supports treatment by gathering information about family routines and developing treatment around routines and activities that supports developmental needs.
- Strength-based method takes into account the child and caregiver strengths and develops a treatment plan that enhances attachment, self-esteem, and joyful engagement between parent/caregiver and child.
- Capacity Building method involves promoting parent/caregiver competence by assessing parent/caregiver needs and providing treatment that leads to increased competency, confidence and resiliency leading to decreased dependency on the therapist.
- Curriculum meets and exceeds standards under Part C for Speech and Language Services
- Routines based
- Parent Participation/Coaching
- Individual treatment planning to include, but not limited to Speech and language development, cognitive development, social-emotional development
- 1:1 Ratio, adult to student.
- Highly trained and specialized staff
- Use of Evidenced-based practices
- Developmental tracking
- Speech & Language team fluency with English and Spanish, some French, and preschool ASL
For program eligibility please contact Regional Center of Orange County at 714-796-5100. Once eligibility has been established, contact Kathleen G. Shanahan, Early Start Program Director at 714-602-7940 or 714-699-3367.